Teamsters Western Region & Local 177 | 9-month-eligibility-for-part-timers
This Trust Fund does not currently sponsor any Social Media sites – Please refer to the Contact Us section of this website for any questions regarding your benefits.
9-Month Eligibility for Part-Timer’s
The Trustees are pleased to announce the plan’s improvement in eligibility rules for Part-Time Employees to allow Part-Time employees eligibility with their 9th month of employment vs. their 12th month. Please find below important information regarding this transition:
- When are benefits effective?
- How can members get benefit information?
- What do members need to do?
When: Effective 4/28/19, eligibility will begin the first week that an employee has compensable time reported beginning with his/her 9th anniversary month of employment. Eligibility updates for newly effective members is expected to be complete by 5/10/2019.
How: New Enrollee packets will begin to be mailed the week of 5/6/19.
- ID Cards will be delivered over the next few weeks.
- To verify eligibility with any of the carriers, you or your health care provider may contact the carrier (after 5/10/19) directly at the phone numbers listed below:
What: Prior to receipt of your packet, you may go to www.wr177healthcare.com for benefit information.
- Please watch for an envelope from Teamsters Western Region. If not received by 5/31/19, please contact the Administrative Office at (855) 215-2039 for additional assistance.
- If you reside in CA or HI and want to elect coverage with Kaiser, you must complete and submit an election form with Kaiser selected. This election must be received by the Administrative Office no later than 6/7/19.
- You may print an Enrollment/Election Form from the website and fax the completed form (with additional dependent documents) to (602) 324-0555. Dependents must be enrolled within 90 days (7/26/19) to be effective the same day as the member. Otherwise, your dependent(s)’ coverage will begin the Sunday following receipt of all required enrollment documents.
- If you need medications prior to receipt of your ID card, please contact CVS Caremark at 855-305-3020.
- If you incur healthcare expenses prior to receipt of your ID card, you may request your healthcare provider to contact the carrier’s customer service for billing information and/or submit an itemized bill directly to the carrier when you receive your ID card.