This Trust Fund does not currently sponsor any Social Media sites – Please refer to the Contact Us section of this website for any questions regarding your benefits.
Effective Date: 11/19/2018
Information that We Collect
Through your use of our Website or our Services, we may collect personal information, which is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual. While we do not require you to provide personal information in order to navigate our Website, we may need to collect personal information if you choose to engage in certain activities on our Website or request Services from us. The personal information that we collect on the Website may be combined with personal information collected offline. Below are the types of personal information that we may collect.
Information Provided by You
We collect the personal information that you provide to us. If you register for an account on our Website, we may collect certain personal information from you, including contact information (such as name, address, telephone number, and email address), date of birth, gender, and Social Security number.
If you provide us contact information to learn more about our Services or choose to send us a message with information about yourself, we may maintain records of your correspondence. This may include any of your questions, comments, or suggestions and our responses.
Information Provided by Third Parties
We may receive certain personal information about you from third parties. For example, we may receive information about the benefits you are eligible for from your benefits provider or details about your pension plan. We may also receive information about your use of benefits from third parties, such as healthcare providers.
Device and Usage Information
The Website may automatically collect technical information through your use of the Website, such as the following:
- Usage Information: We collect certain information automatically through your use of the Website, such as which of the pages on our Website that you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on our Website.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you are using to access the Website, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP address.
- Mobile Device Information: In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Website via a browser on your mobile device or use our mobile application, we may collect mobile network information including the mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small files that a website transfers to your device's hard drive through your Internet browser which enable the website to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. It is important to stress that cookies do not damage your device, and they cannot look into your device and find out information about you or read any personal material kept on your hard drive.
Cookies are used to compile aggregate data about website traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
There are two types of cookies – "session" and "persistent" cookies. This Website uses session cookies, which disappear after you close your browser. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the Website. This Website also uses persistent cookies, which are stored for a length of time on your hard drive after which they "expire" automatically. We use persistent cookies on a limited basis to authenticate Website users, detect authentication abuses, customize the Website or determine if requests are from a mobile app or device, and track the interests of our Website users to enhance the experience on our Website. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
We may also use other website or mobile tracking technologies to identify you and keep track of your preferences, prevent fraudulent activity or improve Website security, and assess the performance of the Website.
Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify you or any specific person, but it may be derived from your personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users in a particular ZIP code.
How We Use and Share Information
We use the personal information that we collect in the following ways:
- Provide Services: We use your personal information in order to provide you with our Services and to fulfill our contractual obligations to you. For example, we use your personal information in order to administer your benefits, process claims, collect payments, or determine your eligibility for benefits.
- Communicate: We use personal information to communicate with you about our Website or Services. We may also use your personal information to send you account updates or other communications regarding your account or to inform you of any changes to our Website or Services.
- Specific Purposes: You may be asked to provide information for a specific purpose. For example, we may request additional information to verify your eligibility for benefits or to confirm that your account is not being used fraudulently. We will only use the information that you provide for the purpose for which you provided it to us.
- Customer Support: We may use your personal information to provide you support or other services you request. For example, we may need your information in order to provide technical support or answer questions about our Website or Services.
- Maintenance and Improvement: We analyze how our users interact with our Website in order to maintain and improve it. We also use information that we collect to diagnose any problems with our Website to improve the user experience.
We reserve the right to share information, including personal information, with third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We may share information with service providers that help us perform Website functions and administer our Services. For example, we may share your information with third-party customer service providers.
- Benefits Providers: We may share your information with your benefits providers, for example, in order to determine your eligibility for certain benefits or verify your identity.
- Corporate Family: We may share information within our corporate family, such as with subsidiaries, joint ventures, or affiliates, to the extent permitted by law.
- Corporate Structure: We may share information in connection with a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation.
- Prevent Harm: We may share information if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- Legal Process: We will share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or demands; or to comply with the requirements of any mandatory applicable law.
- Consent: We may request your permission to share your personal information for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the personal information or before the personal information you have already provided is shared for such purpose.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect and limit access to your personal information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage technology is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third-Party Data Collection
Links to Other Websites
For your convenience, we provide links to other websites not owned or controlled by us that we think may be useful or of interest to you. SSA does not accept responsibility for the privacy practices, content, or accuracy of other websites. Links to other websites do not constitute or imply endorsement by SSA of the websites, any products or services described on those websites, or any other material contained in them. You are subject to the policies of those third-party websites, where applicable. Such third-party websites may have privacy policies that differ from that of SSA, and the third-party website may provide less security than our Website. Please check those websites for their individual privacy policies before providing any personal information.
Browser Do Not Track
The Website is not currently configured to respond to Do Not Track signals.
Our Website is not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 years. Please contact us if you believe we may have unknowingly collected information about a child under 13, and we will take immediate steps to delete any such personal information.
Any questions, complaints, or claims regarding the Website should be directed to: Customer Service Department - (800) 474-3485.
Effective Date: 11/19/2018
We encourage you to review the Terms periodically for any updates or changes. By using our Website, you agree to the Terms. Your continued access or use of this Website shall be deemed your acceptance of Terms. We may modify the Terms from time to time, at our sole discretion, by posting such changes to the Terms on the Website with an updated Effective Date or by providing you with written notice by email, through another website, or via U.S. mail. Your continued use of the Website after updated Terms are posted constitutes your acceptance of any modifications to the Terms.
The Terms are in addition to any other terms and conditions that may apply to any SSA products or services that you use. Where appropriate, please review those separate terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict between the Terms and the terms and conditions of specific SSA products or services that you may receive, the terms and conditions of the specific products or services will govern.
Important Disclaimer regarding Website Content
Nothing on the Website should be considered or is intended as medical advice and/or treatment. No physician/ patient relationship is created between SSA and you by reason of your use of the Website or under any other circumstances. The Website cannot, and is not intended to, replace the relationship that you have with your health care providers. Individual inquiries about sensitive or confidential matters should be addressed to appropriate health care providers. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you should not rely on any information on the Website and should seek appropriate emergency medical assistance, such as calling “911”.
You should always talk to your health care providers for diagnosis and treatment, including information regarding which drugs or treatment may be appropriate for you. None of the content on the Website represents or warrants that any particular drug or treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you.
Any information on the Website regarding therapeutic or generic alternatives for certain prescription drugs or uses for products or therapies that have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration is for informational or cost-comparison purposes only. It is not medical advice and does not replace consultation with a doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider. Talk to your health care provider to determine if an alternative prescription drug is right for you.
The Website is not intended for, and should not be used by, persons who have not reached the age of majority in their states of residence.
The Website is not intended for, and should not be used by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local laws or regulations. The Website may not be appropriate or available for use in jurisdictions outside of the United States.
User and Accountholder Responsibilities
Certain parts of the Website may be accessible only to registered users and accountholders. In order to access those parts of the Website, you may need to register, which includes creating access credentials, such as a user name and password, and/or providing your fingerprint to use as identification ("fingerprint ID"). We advise against setting up the fingerprint ID feature on a device not controlled by you.
You are solely responsible for (a) authorizing, monitoring, controlling access to, and maintaining the strict confidentiality of your access credentials and use of your fingerprint ID; (b) not allowing another person to use your access credentials or setting up your fingerprint ID on another person’s device; and (c) any charges or damages that may be incurred as a result of your failure to maintain the strict confidentiality of your access credentials or misuse of your fingerprint ID. SSA is not liable for any harm related to your disclosure of access credentials, or your decision (in violation of the Terms) to allow another person or entity to access and use the Website using your access credentials or fingerprint ID. You must immediately notify SSA if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your access credentials or fingerprint ID or any other concerns that you have about the misuse or security of your account by using the contact information listed below.
Subject to the Terms, SSA grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited, and revocable license to access the Website for your use only (“Your License”). SSA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate Your License and to assert legal action with respect to your use of the Website that SSA reasonably believes is or might be in violation of the Terms, additional terms and conditions, or other SSA policies.
The Website and any content, materials downloaded, and intellectual property pertaining to or contained on the Website (including but not limited to copyrights, patents, database rights, graphics, designs, text, logos, trade dress, trademarks, and service marks) are owned by SSA or third parties; all rights, title, and interest therein shall remain the property of SSA and/or such third-party owner, as applicable. All content is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent, and trademark laws, as well as various other intellectual property and unfair competition laws.
You are authorized solely to view and retain a copy of pages related to the Website for your own use. You may also view and make copies of relevant documents, pages, images, or other materials on the Website for the purpose of transacting business with SSA. You agree that you will not duplicate, publish, modify, create derivative works from, participate in the transfer of, post on the World Wide Web, or in any way distribute or exploit the Website, or any portion thereof, for any public or commercial use, without the express written consent of SSA. Additionally, you agree that you (a) will not remove or alter any author, trademark, or other proprietary notice or legend displayed on the Website (or printed pages produced from the Website); and (b) will not make any other modifications to any documents obtained from the Website other than in connection with completing information required to transact business with SSA.
Use of Information and Materials
The information and materials contained on the Website and the Terms, policies, and descriptions that appear on the Website are subject to change. You accept sole responsibility for your use of the Website. Your use of the Website is limited to the intended function of the Website. Unauthorized use of the Website and systems, including but not limited to misuse of any information posted on the Website, is strictly prohibited. You may not use the Website in a manner that:
- is unlawful, fraudulent, or deceptive;
- uses technology or other means, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," to attempt to access content, systems, networks, or user accounts of SSA in a manner that is not authorized by SSA;
- attempts to introduce viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that interrupt, destroy, damage, disable, overburden, impair, or limit the functionality of any of SSA's servers, networks, computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or that gives rise to civil liability;
- violates these Terms or any other SSA policies;
- fails to comply with applicable third-party terms; or
- that SSA, in its sole discretion, finds objectionable.
By creating a link to a third-party website, SSA neither endorses nor recommends any products or services offered or information contained at the third-party website. SSA disclaims liability for any information, materials, products, or services posted or offered at any of the third-party websites linked to the Website. SSA also disclaims liability for any failure of any products or services offered or advertised at such website.
THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, LINKS, AND OTHER ITEMS PROVIDED BY SSA OR BY THIRD PARTIES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE," AND WITHOUT WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SSA DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE WEBSITE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE WEBSITE OR CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, LINKS, AND OTHER ITEMS PROVIDED BY SSA OR BY THIRD PARTIES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO USE THE WEBSITE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT SSA CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR ACCESS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL SSA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR YOUR USE THEREOF OR INABILITY TO USE BY ANY PARTY OR DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER DEFECT RELATED TO THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF SSA OR OUR REPRESENTATIVES ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless SSA, its officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, representatives, and licensors (the "Indemnified Parties" and each an "Indemnified Party") from and against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from (a) any violation of these Terms (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you, (b) your use of the Website, or (c) information provided by you. You agree to fully cooperate at your expense as reasonably required by an Indemnified Party. Each Indemnified Party may, at its election, assume the defense and control of any matter for which it is indemnified hereunder. You shall not settle any matter involving an Indemnified Party without the consent of the applicable Indemnified Party. SSA reserves the right to assume or participate, at your expense, in the investigation, settlement, and defense of any such action or claim.
Any information submitted to SSA via the Website shall be deemed and remain the property of SSA, and SSA shall be free to use, for any purpose, any idea, concept, know-how, or technique contained in the content that a user of the Website provides SSA through the Website. SSA shall not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding information submitted, except as may be expressly agreed in writing by SSA, or as otherwise specifically required by law.
Protecting Your Devices and Account
SSA makes no warranty whatsoever to you, express or implied, regarding the security of the Website, including with respect to the ability of unauthorized persons to intercept or access information transmitted by you through the Website. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your devices. SSA is not responsible for any losses resulting from the loss or theft of your device or the loss or theft of your information transmitted from or stored on your devices.
Governing Law and Disputes
The Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona, without regard to principles of conflicts of law, which would result in the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. The federal district court for the District of Arizona has general jurisdiction and will be the exclusive venue for litigating any claims, actions, or proceedings related to the Website, Terms, or any other SSA policies or terms and conditions. Any such cause of action you may have must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises, or such claim or cause of action shall be barred.
If any provision of the Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void, or unenforceable for any reason, then such provision shall be deemed severable from the Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. SSA’s failure to enforce the strict performance of any provision of the Terms will not constitute a waiver of our right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provisions of the Terms.
Any questions, complaints, or claims regarding the Website or these Terms should be directed to: Customer Service Department - (800) 474-3485.